Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Monday 7.16.12


Today we spent the morning making hot sauce for micro enterprise development. Sorry, I can’t tell you the secret recipe, but if you’d like some send me an email and I can bring some back for you! This batch was really hot, but the flavor is so good! This hot sauce is sold to lots of teams who come through La Cuenca. Larry has tried to get some friends in the market to sell at their stands, but hasn’t made those connections yet. He doesn’t really have the man-power to make and distribute the sauce large scale yet but dreams of providing jobs for the orphans in the future through the hot sauce and jams! I think he has some great things going in this area and there is lots of potential. I realized that I haven’t been able to take pictures of some of the agricultural projects I’ve been a part of and learned from, so I spent the afternoon with Yui and our little friend Lulu taking some pictures of all the projects around campus. The evening consisted of learning how to ride Luis’ motorcycle and making milkshakes among lots of laughter and community :) 
Here’s Larry with our roasted vegetables for the sauce, YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment