Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Thursday 7.19.12


I felt a little sick in the morning from the fast yesterday, but I am feeling much better now! I didn’t drink enough liquids yesterday and my body was full of toxins this morning. After a little rest and slowly getting my stomach back to normal, Yui and I went to Jessica’s house to learn how to make Pan de Coco (coconut bread) and sweet bread. I have been craving some bread and this truly hit the spot! It was so great to spend more time with Jessica and her mom in her house. I love being able to truly experience Honduran culture through my new friends. After baking in the wood stove, learning all about here mom’s garden of fruit trees in the backyard, and sharing in some coffee and bread, we headed back to campus for dinner. Though the day started off a little rough, it was a great day and I’m loving all of the experience I am getting to learn more about the culture here! 
Bread! 

No comments:

Post a Comment