Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tuesday 7.17.12


This morning, Yui and I road to El Naranjo to visit the orphan’s house. Julia (one of the twins) was sick with the chicken pox :( We spent some time talking to her and the other kids then Yui and I went to talk to Pastor Derrick who is leading some new developments in La Cuenca. He is working on bringing a feeding center to the area that will basically teach skills like proper hand washing and nutrition to families in the area. Though I have some reservations about their initial strategies, I think they will be successful in the long run. Pastor Derrick has worked with inner city families in the states and really has a heart for people. I know that the spirit will continue to guide him and his family as they work here. 
 In the afternoon we went to La Muralla to see the SALT technique in action on Larry’s corn. Its so great to see an example of this really working! I loved being able to visit La Muralla, but I was a little sad that we haven’t been able to work there since me being here. With Allison and baby Anna, the projects in La Muralla have been put on hold. I’m thankful for Larry taking me up there to see his corn field though. 
Just doing some learning...

No comments:

Post a Comment